We collect personal information when you ask us to send or receive money or provide other goods or services, via telephone, online on our website, through paper-based forms, and at our office. We collect information about your transactions with us, including transaction history; such as frequency of use and amounts transferred. This personal information includes identities and contact information of senders and recipients of money transfers or payments. In addition, when you visit or use our website, we collect information about the domain and host from which you access the Internet; your computer’s Internet Protocol address; the browser and operating system software you use; the date and time you access our website. We use this information to diagnose, administer and optimize our website and web-related services. When registering or creating an account on our website, we collect your log in details and other information we may request in order to identify you, maintain security of our website and verify and control access to your account or online profile. If you make inquiries through the e-mail links, forms or other contact methods provided on our website, the inquiries are forwarded to the relevant office or department, and are used to respond to your inquiry and maintain a record of correspondence.
How we use personal information collected
We use personal information in the course of money transfer, payment and related services and products for the following purposes:
- Authorizing and processing your transactions, including effecting and administering money transfers and payments and ensuring proper payment to the designated recipient of funds.
- Maintaining business and transaction records as prescribed by regulatory agencies and generally managing and administering our business.
- Collecting amounts owed us, and otherwise enforcing and collecting on your accounts or agreements with us.
- Meeting legal, regulatory, risk management, fraud prevention and security requirements, which may include (among other measures) verifying the identity of the sender and recipient of funds and checking identities against money laundering, terrorist financing or similar watch lists established by regulatory agencies. For identity verification purposes, senders and recipients of money transfers or payments may be required to produce valid identification, or consent to verification by other means before releasing funds.
Information we disclose
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates in connection with the purposes as follows:
- To Provide Services- In order to process and complete requested money transfers and payments, we may disclose personal information to the recipient of a money transfer or payment to our local Correspondents at the sender’s or receiver’s location, as applicable, to authorized agents (both at the sender’s and the recipient’s location), and, if applicable, the recipient and any intermediary banks or other financial institutions or financial services companies involved in the transaction or our services.
- Service Providers- CediPay Ghana Limited , may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers that perform services on our behalf, for example marketing, information technology and/or data hosting or processing services. We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal information that may be processed by these service providers on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than as directed by us and subject to legal requirements.
- Legal, Regulatory, etc.- CediPay Ghana Limited , may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, as permitted or required by law. For example, disclosures in compliance with suspicious activity reporting requirements under anti-terrorism, anti-money laundering, and similar laws and regulations
We use Internet technologies like cookies and web beacons to facilitate the services we provide on our websites and your use of our website, including:
- To assist us in providing services to you;
- To allow you to change web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
- To store your preferences and other information and to track activity on our website;
- To better understand the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- To determine whether you came to our site from a banner ad or an affiliate website;
- >To deliver Information specific to your interests on additional websites; and
- We endeavour to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Authorized employees, agents, representatives that require access to your personal information in order to fulfil their job requirements will have access to your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or the telephone can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure, and CediPay Ghana Limited, does not guarantee or warrant the security of information transmitted in these manners.
Opt Out Options
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you, or texting “STOP” to the number listed in the text messages we send. If you would prefer to opt-out over the telephone, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing, then please contact us using the contact details provided on our website. Alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “UNSUBSCRIBE REQUEST”